There are some things you can do to make sure that your iPhone is truly empty and clear of your information. There are also some things on your phone that you might want to save. Consider doing at least these things when selling your iPhone.
- Unpair your Apple Watch
- Create a backup of everything you want to save.
- Deactivate Find My iPhone
- Return your iPhone to its factory settings
- Remove your SIM card
How do I unpair my Apple Watch?
If you have paired your iPhone with an Apple Watch, you need to unpair it before selling or trading your iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
- Keep both your iPhone and Apple watch close to each other.
- Navigate to “My Watch” on your iPhone’s Apple Watch app.
- Select the ‘i’ -icon next to the watch and press ”Unpair Apple Watch”.
- Now your Apple Watch has been unpaired
How do I create a backup of my iPhone?
By creating a backup of your iPhone, you will not lose any of your valuable information when switching to a new Apple smartphone. There are three simple methods to create a backup of your Apple iPhone. These are:
- Create a backup with iCloud
- Create a backup with iTunes on your PC
- Create a backup with Finder on your Mac
How do I turn off Find My iPhone?
It is important to turn off Find My iPhone before selling your Apple iPhone. If Find My iPhone is turned on, the device is locked to a specific Apple ID. Because of this, you have to disable the feature first. You can do this in two ways. These are:
- Turn off Find My iPhone in the settings of your iPhone
- Turn off Find My iPhone with iCloud
How do I return my iPhone to factory settings?
To completely clear your iPhone, you have to run a factory reset. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your phone’s settings and select “General” > “Reset”.
- Select “Erase All Content And Settings”.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Wait for the phone to reset itself.
How to remove the SIM card from my iPhone?
It is important to remove your SIM card as well before selling or giving your iPhone away. Different iPhone models have their SIM card trays located in different places on the device. You need to locate a small hole on the side of the iPhone and insert the phone’s small tool for opening the SIM card tray. However, if you do not have the tool with you, you can use a paper clip or some other small object to open the tray.
Is my old iPhone cleared when I sell it to MobileX?
When you send your iPhone to MobileX to be sold, we erase everything on it after receiving your device. This means that none of your data will remain. When selling your old iPhone to MobileX, start by estimating the value of your phone. You can do it on our Sell Your iPhone -page.
Before selling your old iPhone to MobileX, make also sure that the device is unlocked. To unlock your iPhone, you have to contact your mobile network operator.
At MobileX, we buy used mobile phones. The price we pay for your used device depends on its model and condition. You can find an up-to-date list of all the iPhone models we currently take in on our website. In addition to buying old devices, MobileX sells used and professionally refurbished iPhones. You can check out our selection of refurbished iPhones on sale here.
By buying a refurbished Apple iPhone you can save both money and the environment. So while you are at it selling your old iPhone, why not buy a refurbished one as well?